KITUIUNI AIDS AWARENESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME
- SUBJECT: BEHAVIORAL AND ATTITUDE CHANGE
- TOPIC: SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- SUBJECT: HIV/AIDS AWARENESS
Educate the community (and especially the youth) on Health matters especially those related to the scourge of (HIV/AIDS) and other sexually transmitted diseases
MEANS OF ACCOMPLISHING THIS
1. Organizing Seminars (workshops) to equip the community with more knowledge about the pandemic of AIDS
2. Enlightening the community to develop greater acceptance of the existence of the AIDS disease through use of plays and video shows, discussions and other sensitization methods.
3. Empowering the community on social, cultural and religious implications of the disease
- TARGET GROUP: THE COMMUNITY AT LARGE
- PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT: MARRIETTA MUVEA
- PROGRAMME SPONSOR: KENYA/USA CHRISTIAN RELIEF & DEVELOPMENT, INC.
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) has been a tragedy to the whole world. The alarming rate of HIV infection has drawn the attention of many people all over the world. AIDS pandemic has caused a great and unprecidented loss of lives in Sub-Saharan Countries, as indeed in the world, and this has adversely affected African countries' development. It has increased poverty and created a high rate of orphanage.
Statistics have shown that, despite the fact that the risks of contracting HIV/AIDS has been publicized widely, still the majority of the people in Kenya seem to be ignorant about the disease and their attitude has not materially changed towards this tragic disease. Since most rural communities have also been affected, including ours in Kituiuni/Kilungu, this Programme has been initiated to try and stave off this disease before the entire community succumbs to the disease.
- MODE OF HIV/AIDS TRANSMISSION
- HOW HIV/AIDS IS TRANSMITTED AND HOW IT IS NOT
- SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- OPPORTUNISTIC DISEASES
- PREVENTION AND CONTROL MEASURES OF THE EPIDEMIC
OTHER STDs-SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS